At PBLs you go through GAMSAT questions in class with a tutor. The idea is to go through GAMSAT-style questions thoroughly and have an understanding of the rationale behind what is being asked. Students get to ask questions and have their reasoning corrected.
Some specifics about PBLs:
- Each PBL lasts for 3 hours and you are supposed to attend 6 PBLs every week for 4 weeks. So 3 x 6 x 4 adds up to 72 hours.
- There will be PBLs respectively for Section 1, and Section 3, each class focussing on a topic, an area of study or style of question.
- We usually run 3 PBLs per day. These are available on every day of the week except Friday. There will also be redundancies during the week with 1 PBL per day on each of the 6 weeknights.
- So we provide students with a lot of flexibility when it comes to attending our classes whether it’s weekdays, weeknights or weekends.
- We will ask students to fill out a simple Google Form to indicate their availability after enrolment, this occurs several weeks before the start of the first PBL, and include a final individualised schedule as we get closer to the start date.